The Power of Podcasting with Jim Nico
Podcasting Is the New Radio
4. What are the most commonly made mistakes when it comes to starting your own podcast?
- Underestimating the power of podcasting. Virtually all the Fortune 500 companies are seeing the value of having their own podcasts.
- Making low-quality podcasts which are sometimes called backyard podcasts. In contrast: we currently use highly trained audio engineers for recording and post production.
- Underestimating the need for marketing.
- Not using professional interview techniques and formats.
5. How to analyze the effectiveness of a given episode?
By a number of downloads, the direct feedback from guests, and the desire by new contacts, companies, and individuals to be on our shows. We have featured the world’s top innovators and companies and continue to do so. Many of the shows we produce are booked months in advance. Our success with advertisers and sponsors paying us is a direct result of the above.
Can I Make My Own Podcast?
Did you get into the mood for creating your own podcast? No idea where to start? You should follow with this guide, then. Also, check out some guidelines for podcasts in business
- The minimum standard in the industry is 4 one half hour podcasts per month.
- A wise approach is to think of podcasting as a tool to increase the bottom line of your core business – podcasting is a brilliant way to spread the word about your business and gain new contacts which can help you make more money.
- One approach is to invite people you hope are interested in your product or service and have them as guests on your podcast.
- Work with an experienced and connected producer who has worked with world-class companies – and who is an expert at podcast marketing and distribution.
- Always put your guests first and try to formulate 5 questions per episode that you are reasonably sure they know the answer to–and try to use the conversational style.
You can also check that list to get even more tips and create a podcast people will want to listen.
I hope you find it useful and you will start off with an amazing podcast that will benefit your company in a number of ways! In case of any doubts or questions, you can reach me at email@example.com!
Magda Urbaniak of Brand24 on The Hashtag Show
Don’t forget to check a podcast with Brand24’s Project Manager, Magdalena Urbaniak! She explains how Brand24 works and gives some examples of the tool working miracles, like the case of Da Grasso pizza restaurant chain that increased its online buzz by 135%!