10 Twitter Profiles Every Digital Marketer Should Follow
While it’s great to read an article or two that quotes what experts in the field of digital marketing have to say to about their profession, nothing beats constant feeds of info like Twitter does. This means that you can stay up-to-date with the best practices, tips, and tricks just by following a selection of Twitter profiles of experts willing to share their two cents.
Obviously, these profiles aren’t those of random tweeters posting about their vacation, food, and random thoughts. Some of the best digital marketers in the field actually dedicate time and effort to curate their twitter page content specifically for digital marketers in-the-making.
Want to know the best ones? Dig in to our list of the top ten Twitter profiles you should be following if you are a next-gen digital marketer.
- Rand Fishkin (@randfish): Rand Fishkin is a “Moz founder, author, blogger and husband to @everywhereist, tiny Techstars investor, & feminist.” This tweeter religiously creates content for his Twitter fan following and also mentions this fact in his bio. According to Fishkin, he tweets “30-40X/week about marketing, SEO, technology, & startups”. Serious fans of Moz, a blog about inbound marketing and SEO, wouldn’t think twice to add this on their list of “great follows”.
- Market Wired (@Marketwired): Market wired is actually a press release distribution service headquartered Toronto, Canada. This was later incorporated in the California, U.S. in 1999. Market wired has its own website and blog run by the representative of the organization to provide answers to or guide anyone who may have questions about their services. Market wired twitter account intends to “connect people to what is important their social communications and news distribution needs”.
- John Jantsch (@ducttape): Owner of the popular marketing blog called Duct Tape Marketing, John Jantsch is an obvious choice for marketer’s in the making. John Jantsch identifies himself as being a “Small business marketing consultant, speaker and author of (best-selling book) ‘Duct Tape Marketing, Duct Tape Selling, The Referral Engine and The Commitment Engine’.” Huffington post dubbed him as one of the top 100 must-follows on Twitter.
- Social Media Today (@socialmedia2day) : Social Media Today is an independent online community of professionals in marketing, communications, social business, customer experience, content marketing, digital strategy, and other disciplines that require the help of social tools to fulfill their mission. If you are involved in any of the above disciplines, here are a handful of twitter feeds you wouldn’t want to miss.
- Kiss Metrics (@Kissmetrics): Headquartered in CA, Kissmetrics is a company “built to optimize online marketing”. Kissmetrics helps track, analyze and optimize your digital marketing. The name Kissmetrics is almost synonymous with digital analytics. If you’ve ever analyzed online data to track leads, followers, or sales, there’s no need to elaborate the value of this account’s content.
- Avinash Kaushik (@avinash): Avinash is an expert “author of ‘Web Analytics 2.0 & Web Analytics: An Hour A Day’, Digital Marketing Evangelist at Google, and Co-Founder at Market Motive. This Googler is nothing short of amazing when it comes to digital expertise. Mr. Kaushik does a good job of keeping his Twitter account up to date with an average of three feeds per day based on anything related to “digital data.”
- Seth Godin (@ThisIsSethsBlog): Although he only represents himself as an “author, blogger, a lifetime of projects,” we know that that’s not all there is to this marketing guru. Seth Godin is by far one of the most successful online marketer, blogger, motivational speaker, author, as well as content marketing strategist. His name is at the top of everything when it comes to digital media and marketing. In May 2009 Seth Godin’s blog was ranked the number 1 marketing blog out of the 976 tracked by AdAge.
- Danny Sullivan (@dannysullivan): Danny Sullivan is a “Founding Editor, @MarketingLand&@SEngineLand, covering Google, Facebook, Twitter, SEO, SEM & all things digital marketing, search marketing and search.” Apart from tweeting about SEO, digtal marketing, and social media, Danny also occasionally tweets about his wife and life.
- Jeff Bullas (@jeffbullas): Jeff Bullas is a “#1 Content Marketing Influencer, Social Media Marketing Strategist & Speaker,Forbes Top 10 Social Media Influencer, Huffington Top 100 Business Twitter Accts” All the way from Australia he regularly tweets about online marketing, social media, and the blogging business.
- Joe Pulizzi (@JoePulizzi): Joe Pulizzi is the founder of Content Marketing Institute (@CMIContent) and Content Marketing World #cmworld. He also authored the book, “Epic Content Marketing”. This is a man highly dedicated to the subject online content marketing. Joe’s fourth book has been released in September 2015 called Content, Inc. Joe’s tweets are all about his CM world passion as well as interesting tidbits in his life.
About the author:
Skornia Alison works as a social media analyst for Essay Valley, providing essay help to users online. Due to her expertise in the field, she’s into exploring and analyzing current trends and techniques on how digital social connectivity can be best put to use in diverse markets.