The rise of social media gave a sea of opportunities for marketing managers. It changed the way we present new products to the market, interact with our audience and respond to customer service queries. Social media presence is necessary if your company wants to become an industry leader.
But social media can also be very overwhelming. Having the right social media management tool for overseeing all your activities is essential for success. In this post, I’ll present seven social media management tools that will make your life as a social media manager so much easier.
Best Social Marketing Management Tools
All the management tools present in this article have a few things in common. First of all, they are either free or offer a free trial period. That way you can try for yourself whether it’s something you need.
Secondly, I looked for tools that are universal. Which means, it’s possible to manage multiple social media accounts with help from one or two services.
Some of the tools offer in-depth analytics, some of them are useful services that will save you a lot of time.
Without further ado, here’s my list of the best social media management systems!
Since social media is all about listening to your audience, let’s start with social media listening tool. The primary purpose of Internet monitoring tools was to gather all the mentions with predefined keywords.
But all the services have developed immensely since the early days of Internet monitoring and now offer a range of tools and metrics suitable for social media management.
Respond to comments
Usually, the first thing to comes to mind when you think about social media management and monitoring is answering queries posted on different social media channels.
Replying to your customers is crucial when it comes to building long-lasting customer relationships. And with helping hand from Brand24, it’s easier than it seems.
Start by setting up a project. In the project creation wizard insert your predefined keywords. It’s always a good idea to start with your company name, branded hashtag you’re using on Instagram or Twitter, or the name of your product.
Then click on Next.
From now on social media monitoring tool starts to gather all the mentions on the Internet containing your keywords.
But let’s focus on the basics of social media management.
Imagine the worst thing you can do to your customer on the Internet? Leave them hanging without a speedy reply. Leverage your social media monitoring account and reply to your clients’ queries in real time.
Managing your social media accounts is so much easier, thanks to some cheeky integrations from Brand24. Connect your project with Slack and receive a notification every time there’s a new mention with your keyword.
Don’t worry about the frequency of notifications. If you want to receive notification only from one social media channel, you can set up an email alert.
Monitoring hashtag performance
One of the perks of Brand24 is the ability to measure the hashtag performance on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does hashtag performance entail precisely?
- The volume of mentions. It’s basically the number of online conversations in which your hashtag was used. It’s vital to know whether the volume increases, decreases or stays the same, as well as what sentiment (positive or negative) the mention has generated.
- Social media reach, which is an estimated number of people that might have seen your social media post. Social media reach calculation is based on an algorithm that considers the number of followers a user has. That means if I share a post on Instagram and use your branded hashtag, my followers will see it. The algorithm adds up all the followers that might have seen the post and the overall number is your social media reach.
- The engagement. The more engaged your audience is, the easier it is to build an active community around your brand. And brand loyalty means loyal customers and lower churn. It does sound tempting, doesn’t it?
Relevant Read: How Building Brand Loyalty Will Increase Your Revenue
Finding the right social media influencers is key to a successful social media marketing campaign. With help from Brand24, you will be able to identify the fitting influencers for your next marketing activities.
Give the tool some time to gather the mentions (Internet monitoring services usually don’t provide historical data).
After a few days, you’ll discover all the magic of social media monitoring! In the Analysis tab, you’ll find all the necessary pieces of information.
In the Analysis tab, you’ll find two subcategories – the most popular mentions and the most popular authors. Choose the most popular authors and filter the mentions according to the platform you want to analyse.
When you scroll down to the Influence of Social Media Authors, you’ll see ten influencers that have the highest score for influence.
Browse through these Instagram accounts to see your next potential influencer. If the influencer target the same audience as you do, and his/her image align with your brand online presence, then you probably got yourself a deal!
2. Google Analytics
What would we do without Google Analytics metrics? I don’t know about you, but I would be completely lost. The main goal of Google Analytics was to monitor the performance of websites, but GA has developed enormously since then. Now you can also measure:
- from which social media platforms your audience is visiting your website. Find out where your audience is and on which social media platforms you should focus on
- add goals to the Google Analytics dashboard. Think about traffic, downloads of ebooks or other promotional materials
- conversion rates. See which posts or photos bring revenue to your business.
Google Analytics is a free tool, and I strongly recommend setting up an account there.
One of my personal favourites. HootSuite is a great platform, especially when you have to manage multiple social media accounts. Moreover, the tool will help you with:
- scheduling social media posts and other forms of content
- measuring your social ROI
- running social media ads
- shortening links, attaching photos within one window.
HootSuite is an all-in-one-place kind of tool. It’s integrated with 25 social networks, and it allows you to share content based on your customers’ location, demographics or language. Definitely a tool for savvier social media managers.
It offers a free trial.
Under this strange abbreviations hides an automation tool called “If This Then That”. The tool links different platforms and services based on a trigger and action command. It means that if you publish a photo on Instagram, it will be automatically and natively shared on Twitter.
IFTTT is a free tool.
Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the number of notifications on Twitter? Tweetdeck is here to help. It’s a social media management tool dedicated to controlling your Twitter presence.
The main perks of Tweetdeck:
- legible and responsive interface with all the notifications in one place
- an easy way to engage with social media users
- add all Twitter streams to one dashboard, so you can keep an eye on all topics you’re interested in.
Tweetdeck is a free tool.
I have to admit, I love to plan. That’s probably why I enjoy working with CoSchedule so much. If you’re looking for a tool, that will help you get a firm grasp on all your scheduling efforts.
CoSchedule will suggest:
- content to post
- what time to post
- what day to post
CoSchedule will not only help with scheduling but will facilitate the work of your entire team. You will not only be able to set up posts but also
- arrange meetings
- assign tasks.
The tool offers a free trial.
Iconosquare focuses on Instagram and Facebook analytics, so it will be a perfect tool if your social media marketing activities focus on these two channels.
Iconosquare features are divided into three subcategories, and all of them sound amazing. Just take a look:
- measure your growth
- discover followers, fans, locations and demographics
- measure impressions and reach
- discover the best time to post
- track the performance of any post or Story
- connect multiple social profiles
- create customized own Instagram feed
- track, moderate and respond to comments easily
- upload your photos directly from your computer
- preview your post
- save captions and hashtags
- get notified when it’s time to post.
Iconosquare also offers a top-notch training program and runs a blog with tons of helpful tips and tricks for succeeding on Instagram.
It’s a paid tool but there is a 14-day free trial.
Social media management can be a daunting and time-consuming task, because of all the notifications and buzz. Hopefully, some of these tools will make your life easier.